Re: [oletrucks] neighborhood Nazi's...garage solutions.?..

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] neighborhood Nazi's...garage solutions.?..
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:00:23 EST
One of the main loopholes with an unregistered vehicle in many communities,
is that they can be kept "inside"...inside WHAT is the question! There are
several options for this, Insta-garage has a metal conduit type frame with
UV-coated canvas, runs about $700 for a typical one-vehicle "garage". Or you
can build your own frame with PVC pipe, conduit, etc, and cover it, if the
area where you live allows construction of this type and you don't have the
HOA Orgs to deal with. I've been thinking about doing something along these
lines, as the wording in your particular county zoning laws may allow
unregistered vehicles to be stored "inside ", but defining what constitutes a
building could get messy! I say if it has a supportive framework, then it
technically it is a garage, no matter how flimsey or low-cost it may be. And
if they require a permit to build a "permanent" structure, then this would be
the way to go, as you could mount small wheels to the bottom, and say while
it is a structure, it isn't a permanent one! Either way, sometimes you may
just have to fight to keep your rights, as Constitutional Property Ownership
rights are DEFINITELY under fire when it relates to old project vehicles! I
don't recall in the Constitution where it says anywhere that your neighbors
have the right to a uncluttered view! Few people have the patience, money, or
fortitude to stick it out when the county comes a'knockin' to tell you to get
rid of your ugly , rusty, or unlicensed/registered vehicles! I'll have a
problem if my neighbors complain, as I have 7 in the driveway with no tags(
now, my zoning says No Unregistered Vehicles in the YARD, but since they're
all in my large driveway, I say it's not a problem. ) Again, it comes down to
whether you can afford to make your own "garages", or are willing to fight
for your rights. Neither is easy or simple. I plan, if they ever come to tow
mine, to literally pour a concrete wall across my driveway, and block them
all in. >:^)  I'll worry about getting them out later. I'll just make it
extremely difficult for them to just grab and go with towtrucks. Then I do
intend to sue the county for infringing my C-rights to the right of pursuit
of happiness! Its unfortunate that even buyiing property in the country is no
longer enough to get away from this Gov't interference, they will pick on you
out there as well, if a neighbor complains. Go figure. Well, like someone
once said, the only rights worth having are the ones you're willing to fight
for. We Americans haven't had to fight for our personal rights for a long
time, we've gotten comfortable. Wish car and truck nuts would put aside their
individualism long enough to get some politiical orgs going, like SEMA in CA,
to fight for our Vehicular Rights! SEMA got the smog restrictions repealed in
CA for old vehicles, only to have the dang politico's start sending more
bills to try to reverse it AGAIN! They just won't leave well enough alone, so
it requires constant battles to keep the tide of Overreachism from grabbing
more of our rights from us. Anyone for a Cruise on DC? Well, enough soap-box,
if anyone else has some realistic under-cover solutions ( sic) for our old
trucks, let the list know!

Jerry