Re: [oletrucks] Speedometer trouble

To: "Curtis Morris" <cmbcmorris@webtv.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Speedometer trouble
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:33:41 -0800
>While driving home from my bro-in-laws house today, I suddenly heard a
>GRINDING noise and noticed my speedometer bouncing wildly!!  It is still
>attached at the tranny.

Curtis, if the noise is coming from the speedo, it can be a couple of
things.  The cable end may have come loose in the gear head, or one of the
bushings may have begun to spin.   You can try relubricating the cable.
There is some special graphite lube for this.  Or if the bushings have
become worn, maybe a speedo shop can replace them for you.

Could also be a broken cable, or less likely, a gear in the mechanism.  Time
for the hairy eyeball.

Regards,

Grant S.
City of Angels