Re: [oletrucks] Body parts needed

To: "Dave" <DaveR@neteze.com>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Body parts needed
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:21:10 -0800
Hi Dave,

I'm about 40 minutes north of Sacramento in Yuba City.  A friend of mine has
a bunch of AD parts for sale and I think some pretty clean 52-55 1st Series
Doors for sale if you need to go that route.

I'd check the following before spending money on a part that you may not
need.

How's the upper belt line of the doors lining up with the cab?  Is the front
and rear of the door lining up with the cab belt line?

Do you have any gap between the upper door leading angled edge and the cab's
A-pillar which would indicate that the door needs to be rotated forward
which would raise the lower door edge.  You can loosen the door to hinge
bolts on the upper hinge and the lower hinge to door bolts by removing the
lower access panel to allow you to rotate the door for better alignment.

With the door open can you grasp the door at the lower outer edge and upper
outer edge and while pulling up feel the door raising and lowering?  If so,
the hinges are worn and need to be rebuilt with over sized bushings and pins
to cure you problem.

What I normally do to line up the doors with the cab is to remove the door
striker so I can position the door within the opening and then when
everything is where I want it, install the striker.  Remember that the hinge
to cab bolts allow you to raise and lower the door but also rotate the top
or bottom of the door in or out.  The door to hinge bolts allow you to pivot
the doors forward or back in the opening.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/

P.S. My favorite part supplier who's never let me down on an order or phones
to indicate a part is on back order and if I'd like the rest sent now is
Chevy Duty. (crossing my fingers)