[oletrucks] 6-lug TF rim restoration, 0-27 model trains with TF trucks o

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 6-lug TF rim restoration, 0-27 model trains with TF trucks on
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:05:35 EST
    Two topics tonite for me. I'm starting to work on my Suburban again,
slowly, and am going to work on a original rim. The back side is surface
rusty, and the front side is heavily painted, and appears unpitted. Does
anyone fill in the pits, or just sand or sandblast the rim and paint it as
is? I was thinking of using some light bondo on the pits, once I got the tire
off the rim, and was going to sandblast the whole thing, now that I have a
sandblast cabinet ( homemade ) to do it in next to the compressor. Guess that
depends on how deep the pits are. How about pits in the tire bead area? Worth
filling those in as well, or the fillings will get scraped out anyway when
the tire machine installs the tire? Just curious if anyone has worried about
that before.
    I visited a Model Train store tonite after work, after seeing some Lionel
and other brand train cars with automobiles on them on various Websites, and
bought several with '57 chevy cars and '55 trucks on them. One is made by
MTH, the Rail King series, has two white '55  TF Union 76 tow trucks on them,
another has green TF tow trucks,...I bought the white ones . It was $40, the
trucks are diecast metal, approximately 1/43rd scale size. I hope to get a
layout installed in my house someday soon, and have it populated with old
cars and trucks (predominately '55-59 Chevy cars and trucks, of course! ) in
keeping with my full-sized hobby. Just thought I'd let you know there's some
cool stuff out there for trains that have good quality models of the trucks
we love. Anyway, if anyone has any rim resto suggestions, let me know, thanks!

Jerry Casper
Nothing Task Force is EVER Off-topic!