[oletrucks] Fw: Shipping big items

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fw: Shipping big items
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:09:08 -0500
Smokey,

Just so everyone can know this, I will send it to the group, too.

You have helped me much in the past, including thoughts on the conversion of
a three window to a five window.  Now its my turn.

I think that the best way is to get on the web and try the haulers who pick
up and deliver antique tractors, etc.  Try their site at www.ytmag.com
("YTMAG" stands for "Yesterday's Tractors Magazine.") and check under
"Community" and then under "Hauling Schedule."  Someone from Oletrucks
recommended this site to me some time ago.

Also, Darren, from Rockin P Transport (he does antique tractors, etc. and
lives in central Texas) just hauled my '48 from CA to TX for $750 for the
whole truck and its pieces.  It did not run.  He is going to CA soon and
probably could move your hood cheaply.  His number is (512) 353-8817 or
(512) 754-6824.   You could give him a try, he did wonders for me.

Also, I need to get a cab with front fenders and hood from CA to TX someday
soon if'n you can wait for about a month or so.

Thanks again for all your help and I hope that this saves you $.  Since
these guys haul precious old stuff (junk to others), I believe that they
will take care of you well and respect the hood as being precious to you.

Michael Lubitz
Renaissance Builders
(512) 306-1681