Re: [oletrucks] oil loss?

To: ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil loss?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:53:14 EDT
> My factory or factory looking PCV replaces the draft
>  tube and it can even be made into one by drilling the top lid and
installing  a
>  rubber grommet and throw in a PCV and connecting it to a manifold vacuum
> source  and plugging the down tube. What's your opinion on this Bob ADler?

I also did this with my 46 two ton snow plow that doesn't leave my property
or go very fast.  I will do an article on this for VCCA.  Starting about 1950
the PCV system was available and recommended for delivery trucks in door to
door service.  So you can be totally original and have a pcv system.  Kind of
like having your cake and eating it too.

Changing the subject,  I just looked at a totally original 1938 suburban to
buy.  Owner wants $2500.  It needs total restoration, but is very solid.
Just took my wife to see it and she gave the approval.  "It's cute".  Looks
like I'm getting a keeper.
Bob ADler