Re: [oletrucks] oletrucks serial number

To: "Chuck Eagy" <cdavid@televar.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oletrucks serial number
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:59:09 -0400
Chuck,

 The GDA prefix indicates a 1949 235. Check the block casting number to
confirm - it should be 3835309 or 3835335. This is the older style
"Hi-Torque" truck 235, basically a bored and stroked 216, with insert mains
and babbit rods, dip and splash oiling system.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL