[oletrucks] Welding Help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Welding Help
From: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:07:12 -0500
In my opinion, it is a good idea to experiment with some sample pieces of the
same metal to be used before trying to weld the real thing if it is not old
hat to you. It is a lot easier to adjust heat and settings and methods on
scrap than the 100 dollar panel you just waited a week to get.
I prefer to butt weld in my panels and grind a lot, but most folks don't have
the patience to do all that. It is the best real long term solution . No
pockets for foreign material or moisture to sleep in.

Dave Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, TX