[oletrucks] RE: (oletrucks) late model p/u ifs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: (oletrucks) late model p/u ifs
From: Bob_Keeland@usgs.gov (Bob Keeland)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:25:20 -0700
        For my 51 3600 I am thinking about using the IFS from an 83 Silverado,
        but also worry about it being too wide.  For now I will use a 1/2 ton
        front axle with the 3/4 ton springs and add disk brakes.  As I do not
        work in a machine shop I cannot fabricate my own brackets to add disk
        brakes to the 3/4 ton axle, but there are lots of kits available for
the
        1/2 ton axle.

        This weekend I am driving to northern Arkansas to bring the 51 home to
        southern Louisiana. Finally I can actually start working on it instead
        of just dreaming.  Of course I will have to finish (build) my shop so
        that I am not doing the work in the driveway.

        BobK

        51 3600 5-window
        Arnaudville, LA