[oletrucks] To those running the T-5 with the i-6....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] To those running the T-5 with the i-6....
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:05:02 EST

  I recall a very informative discussion last summer detailing the
differences in the T-5's, and which were better to use and also the use of
the tailshaft from the S-10 pickups.  I also recall some modifying that
needed to be done with the input shaft and stock bellhousing.

  If anyone has those emails saved, would you please forward or repost the
info?

  Since I've been daily driving my '59 for the past 1.5 weeks, I sure need
the extra gear.  I went with a 3.54 rearend behind the 235, I wasn't sure it
would pull muc more gear, I was wrong...but I think it's about at the limit
anyway from the 3-4 shift, I don't like winding her up too tight just to pull
the next gear well, so I think with a better split of gears on the T-5 and
the OD, she'll be a decent highway runner.

  Any and all info about the swap/mating of the T-5 to the 235 would be
appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Mike