[oletrucks] 65 GMC 305 V6

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 65 GMC 305 V6
From: "Nunley, Jim" <JimN@aaronsap.atcaff.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:33:31 -0600
Hello all -

I've been lurking for a few months now, gathering information from this
group in an effort to be able to buy "the right truck".  Given it will be my
first project of this sort, you folks have been a LOT of help.  Thank you.

I have an opportunity to buy a '65 GMC (fleetside, longbed, small window).
(I know '65 is a bit outside the "official charter" of this list - I'm
sorry.)  It seems to be a really solid truck, and I've already had visions
of the potential that lies under it's current "old farm truck" exterior.  :)
My only real concern is this:  it has a GMC 305 V6 instead of the V8 or
straight 6 I would usually expect.  I think I remember reading that this was
an option in the GMC trucks at the time, but I know nothing about them
whatsoever.

What can I expect from this motor?  It seems to run pretty well right now
(for 35 year old farm truck, anyway).  But are replacement parts for it
going to be impossible to find?  I have limited experience, but this is the
first one I've ever seen, so I have to wonder if I'm just asking for
trouble.

Thanks again for all the information found in this list.

Jim
"Still Looking"