Re: [oletrucks] shop buildings

To: "Jimmy Whitley" <doodle@flintemc.net>, "Wayne Pratt" <wpratt@ipa.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shop buildings
From: "B Damen" <little-castle-contracting@cadvision.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:18:38 -0700
hello,   I've built a few pole barns in my younger days and they seem to be
the choice of picky farmers.   you get more head room .  if you use metal on
the out side,  its finished,  the roof will never ( never say never) leak.
and you have 6 to 8 inches of insulation to put into the walls.  the span is
only limited on the length of your trusses.  if I ever get to the country
that is the way I think to go.   the curved walls do present a challenge in
insulating and things.  not impossible and a very nice building as well...
but not as nice as the pole building.   built them with old telephone poles
and with 8x8 .   telephone poles were a challenge,  being tapered...

ill stop the rambling...any questions on the pole buildings and ill try to
answer any of them....its like building a fence.  but different    :o]

Bruce
1949chev1/2 ton