Re: [oletrucks] Seems like old iron is the best iron.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Seems like old iron is the best iron.
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:57:03 -0600
Right on - you can depend on the old beasts with your life if you just
give them a little TLC.

My 51 can sit in the driveway idle for months and on the coldest day, I
just pull out the old choke,  hit that floor starter and she cranks right
up.  Here in SoTexas, we get floods. I look forward to them because I
love to watch peoples faces when my old girl chugs through high
water passing new suburbans and z71s.  In the 10 years I have owned
this 98% stock truck, I have probably put only $1000 into her.  I hit a
new truck a few years back - not even a dent.  I backed up and pulled a
chainlink fence with my front bumper and fender at xmas - small
scratch but no worries. A new car would have probably lost the fender.

Yep, I'll take old iron any day over new junk.  I can't see my mothers 97
suburban lasting 50 years. But I believe my 58 napco suburban will
last another 50.

If anyone wants to see some of my trucks - go to:

www.phoenix.net/~varanus/personal.html

Eric Pesci