RE: [oletrucks] wheels

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] wheels
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:33:09 -0600
I don't like to even hint that I might be challenging one of Bob's comments
(I have learned so much from his input in both this forum and his magazine
articles) but weren't wheels (at least for some of the AD years) available
in body color? My 1953 restoration pack lists two wheel sizes available for
the 3/4 ton, a 15 inch and a 17 inch. The drawings of the the 17 inch show
two stripes the same color as the body striping. Wouldn't that have only
been done if the wheels themselves were body color? Just some thoughts and
deductions here, I have absolutely NO sure evidence that the wheels were
ever body color.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3600
Paducah, KY