[oletrucks] shop related hardware

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] shop related hardware
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:44:34 -0600

Hi gang:

I have a 1955 Lincoln metal hose reel enclosure with 3 spring reels for
sale.   It's a large beige/white sheetmetal box with beautiful chrome trim
(like a 55 Belair!).  It has 2 large heavy duty spring loaded reels and 1
smaller one.  This is a quality piece of equipment.  I called Lincoln
when I purchased this beauty a few years back to ask them what a
comparable setup would cost today.  The guy said that first of all,
they don't make metal anymore.  Then he told me that a similar setup -
3 reels and enclosure - would cost in the neighborhood of $2600
today!!  I was flabbergasted.

This is a pretty heavy unit and it is just about mint. I found it hanging
in a shop around the corner. Given that the reels had been enclosed,
they were not only perfect but almost spotless after 40 years of
service.  These reels are heavy duty and will hold - I don't know - 30-
50'+ of hose whether air, oil, grease or water.  The thing mounts to a
roof I-Beam and is about as solid as they come.  It's American
engineering at it's finest.  I hate to let it go but it's just taking up space.

I do have a scanner but need to get film and have pics developed.  I
also have a friend who was interested in it but thought I would offer it
to my truck buddies,too.

As for price - hard to say. I don't want to gank anyone.  It really is
beautiful and would look so cool in someones classics shop being a
period piece of equipment.    It needs those rubber stoppers that go on
the hoses to keep them at the desired "hang down" length.  It also
needs new hoses as these are original (one still has the oil regulator
gun).   Lincoln has this stuff.  So, if your interested, let me know.

I also have a 55 gallon oil drum air pump that one would put in line
with their oil hose.  Here in Houston through a friend, I am able to buy
a 55 gallon drum of premium oil for about $300 give or take.  That
would last me several years or 44 - 5 quart oil changes.  At $2 per quart
and 220 quarts in a 55gal drum - that's $440 so saving $140 or so
seemed worth it.  Plus I was dying to use that regulator gun!  But, I
don't think I will ever use it.  So, I am offering that too.  I don't know
what it's worth.   It's a quality pump but I don't remember brand.

I also have a HUGE gantry lift that I bought to pull motors from my
large trucks.  It has a thick IBeam with roller dolly and the legs are
steel pipe with 1" walls - thick and heavy.  It needs a cleaning and
greasing but it all works and it's heavy duty.  I think it stands at about
8-10' high.  Probably too heavy to send any distance as one can get
one local but just thought I'd mention it.  I usually don't see these
thick legs on them though.

Ya'll let me know if your interested in any of this stuff.  As I
mentioned, I did offer them to a friend who seems pretty interested but
if he doesn't buy them....

Eric Pesci