Re: [oletrucks] Chrome trim

To: dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com, sculver@iwl.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chrome trim
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 08:14:40 EST

>  I have a 51 Deluxe cab with a 'shiny' grill that I thought was stainless.

I don't think you will find stainless AD grilles.  The factory didn't use
them and no one else could afford to make the dies.  A stainless die would
have different dimensions than a die for mild steel as the different steels
have different amount of bounce back as it comes out of the die.  Each bar is
different.  That represents a huge invesment.  Much cheaper for factory to
just use the same mild steel grilles and plate them.
Bob ADler