[oletrucks] {oletrucks} Hey Miq, is this a scam? Others can disregard

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] {oletrucks} Hey Miq, is this a scam? Others can disregard at the
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:31:55 EST
--part1_0.356fd57a.257d773b_boundary

  I recieved this a bit ago, just wondering if someone has subcribed to all
the mailing lists, and is sending it out to make a few bucks before the
holidays?

  I'd have sent it to you directly, but don't have your email address handy.

  Mike

In a message dated 12/6/99 12:08:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mjb@autox.team.net writes:

> [...]
>
>  I'd say it has been a success.  I've already replaced the dead disk that
>  precipitated this call for contributions, and perhaps I'll be buying a new
>  server before the end of the year, possibly bringing it online shortly
>  thereafter, depending on what hardware and operating system I end up
> choosing.
>  We shall see.  And I'm going to move forward with the plan to move the
>  service from the University to a commercial provider as I outlined in the
>  original plea.  Good timing, as some of the campus network folks have
> started
>  to take note on just how many bits are flowing into and out of autox.team.
> net.
>  No need to panic yet, but I better get hopping on that project!  And answer
>  the stack of email from the first plea still awaiting my response.  I'll
get
>  to it eventually, trust me!
>
>  If you have been meaning to contribute to the fund drive, or just want to
>  send your hapless list janitor a token of thanks, feel free to do so.  Send
>  a check or money order, US Dollars,  payable to Fat Chance Garage, or if
you
>  wish to charge it to your Visa or Mastercard, a note with card number,
>  expiration date and the contribution amount to:
>
>    Fat Chance Garage
>    PO Box 58333
>    Salt Lake City, Utah  84158.
>

>  Thanks again to all of you!
>
>  mjb.
>  ----
>

>  Currently active Team.Net lists at autox.team.net:
>
>  2000-register         alpines           alpines-digest     autojumble
>  autojumble-digest     autox             autox-cm           autox-dsp
>  autox-fm              ax-digest         barx7club          bmcu
>  bmw-tt                bricklin          british-cars       british-cars-
> digest
>  british-cars-pre-war  buick-rover-v8    capri-list
capri-list-digest
>  chapman-era           datsun-roadsters  datsun-roadsters-digest    formula-
> ford
>  geez                  glen-scca         healeys            healeys-digest
>  italia                judson            kcr-scca           land-speed
>  mg-mmm                mg-t              mgb-v8             mgs
>  mgs-digest            mini-baja         mini-list          mini-list-digest
>  morgans               morris            mtm                newsletters
>  okla_scca             oletrucks         oletrucks-digest   rallycross
>  riley                 rolls-bentley     shop-owners        shop-talk
>  solo-vee              spitfires         spitfires-digest   spridgets
>  spridgets-digest      team-thicko       tigers             tigers-digest
>  triumphs              triumphs-digest   tvr                twingo
>  urscca                vintage-race      vintage-race-digest
>  vtr                   vtr-chapters      wichita-scca

ve than others.  Don't think that okla-scca or

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:45:29 -0700 (MST)
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
To: admin@autox.team.net
Subject: Server fund update
Sender: list-admin@autox.team.net

[...]

Well, some are a lot more active than others.  Don't think that okla-scca or