Re: [oletrucks] Weatherstripping and So. Cal. Winds

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weatherstripping and So. Cal. Winds
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:11:48 -500
> Date:          Fri, 03 Dec 1999 18:11:31 -0700
> David G Shier <dshier@rmi.net>
>Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>

> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] Weatherstripping and So. Cal. Winds

> My 49 one-ton just acquired a snowdrift this evening and I think I wil be
>doing
> new window and door stuff also.  I know some of the suppliers have pretty
>crude
> stuff for sale so hoping we hear of some good suppliers on this situation.
>
> All info is appreciated much!
> Sincerely,
> Dave Shier
> www.mtntown.com

> Tom Burt wrote:
>
> > Jeeze!!!!
[snip]
> > My truck cab during lunch was filled with ultra fine silt on the dash (just
> > polished the interior/exterior over the Thanksgiving holiday...arrgghh).
> > These annoying winds had forced the offending particulate matter in through
> > the window seals.
> >
> > This has prompted me to take action...I think I'm going to need to fight
> > back...new window rubber!
> >
> > Which supplier sells the best quality window channel and vent rubber for
> > TFs?
> >
> > Tom B. '57 3200 stepside

Its hard to tell who sell the best unless you buy from two different
sources or had a bad experience with a supplier. If you had a good
experience you would probably not question it...I got mine from
Roberts in Massachussetts and the fit and quality was right for me.
the question I have here is some kits come with the words complete
however I had to order the cat wiskers and outside rubbers separate
if I remember I also ordered the door gaskets and the vent window
rubber and I changed all the glass at the same. I think the only
problem I had installing them were the vent window pivot rivet and I
used very small (and I mean tiny) sheet metal screws for the cat
wiskers in lieu of the metal staples. I used rivets everywhere else
that called for them. I do not believe I put the door gasket on yet
as I have some lower repair work to do. I have a wiring harness to do
next also. OH yeah! Roberts price was right as I ordered over$300
worth of stuff and the shipping charges were free.

Rogerg
51-3100 AD Stocker