[oletrucks] One piece window conversion question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] One piece window conversion question
From: "dave riffel" <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:58:26 PDT
Hello all,

Dave Riffel here.  It's been several months since I've had access to this
list and I must say it's great to be back!  I've been in Montana since May
1st, working my summer job again.  The old '50 is doing terrific.  Last
winter I got the engine, tranny, front suspension and lots of other stuff
updated and modernized.  Just 3 days after getting it back on the road I had
to drive the 1200 miles back to Montana, from my folks house in CA, to begin
work.  The trip went flawlessly and aside from a carburetor readjust I've
had to do nothing to it but change the oil.  What a relief!  This truck is
amazing to drive now.  I'll be taking it to Reno next week for Hot August
Nights.

My query for the group has to do with door windows.  My truck has a '51 door
on passenger side and a '54 on driver's.  So I have wing windows and door
handles with buttons.  I'd like to go back to a one piece window,
eliminating the wings.  Can these doors be converted to the one piece style
by changing the regulators?  Would this require extensive surgery?  Has
anyone done it?  My other option is to find the earlier doors, which I may
be able to do.  My doors are pretty straight, though, so I'm a little
reluctant to switch.  Thanks for any info.  Hope you all are having as
pleasant a summer as I am.

Dave