Re: [oletrucks] Casting # ID

To: ace0027@ibm.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Casting # ID
From: Chris Dillon <dillo021@tc.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:59:03 -0500
These are the second casting of the famous and some times infamous camel
back head, or Double-hump, named for the casting mark on the end of the
head.  Check the casting date it should be a letter and two or three # the
letter being the month A-January B-Feb. etc. and the next number or numbers
being the day, and the last number being the last digit of the year they
are a 1960's era head.  If mid 60's has to be small valve heads, if late
60's may or may not be 2.02 heads.  These head came in a # of different cc
standard being 68-71cc maybe lower if on a vette and higher if on a truck.
These are desirable heads, there only drawback is the lack of assesory
holes in the sides for alternator, or AC brackets, some of the heads 1968
and newer have the holes there, but they are plugged and are called
transition head as they could be bolted on the newer cars with the AC, and
Alternator brackets new location.  If you want more info ping me off list I
can give you a list of vehicle and dates these heads came off of they
most-like came off a 327 .

Chris Dillon
'51 Chevy 3100 ROD