[oletrucks] What a find! I need some help!!!!!!

To: Advdesign1@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] What a find! I need some help!!!!!!
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:21:40 EDT
Yee Haw!!!!!
I think I have found a little cousin for my '47-2 Thriftmaster.  I need a
little help determining the year and the engine, you see it's a GMC and I am
pretty ignorant of the GMC line.  The truck is an AD and has turn down
handels and vent windows.  The engine looks like a 216 valve cover with all
the ribs on the valve cover.  The valve cover doesn't say GMC on it in the
metal also, the accorn nuts (2) on the valve cover top are off set to the
left if you are looking  from the fan.  Also there are 4 or 5 little vents
hidden in the ribs, just little slits in the metal.
It is 1/2 ton, (6 lugs) enclosed drive, 3spd. ect.  It was last driven a yr
ago and the man who owns it said that the king pins were worn, also the inner
front drivers wheel bearing reece is pitted, how hard is this to fix?
Thanks in ADvance for your help.  I really appreciate it.
Also, the price is a meere $550 yeah thats right.  and the cab corners are
good.
Casey
-'47-2 thriftmaster, and soon a GMC!