Re: [oletrucks] AD Hood Side Trim Speculation/Question

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Hood Side Trim Speculation/Question
From: Jeff Davis <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:49:57 PDT
Paul,

     You might take a set of calipers and measure the OD of the post, then
figure what that decimal equivalent is closest to (ie.. #10 or #12 machine
screw)using a fraction/decimal equivalency chart. One of these can usually
be found in any good tap and die set or drill bit set.
     Another possibility would be to measure the post and measure the tap
that most closely resembles the size of the post and use the die that is
equivalent to that tap.
     Hope all of this is clearer than mud.
     I'd be pretty gentle with the thread cutting though. I believe that 50
year old pot metal is pretty brital.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom