Re: [oletrucks] 58 or 59 Apache Pickup

To: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 or 59 Apache Pickup
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:07:47 -0400
Hi K&B,

    My $.02 worth:  Figure out exactly what vehicle you have.  The VIN
should be on a tag on the drivers side forward door pillar.  3 E 58.....
Would be the beginning for a 1958 3/4 ton, or Apache 36.  3 E 59 would be a
1959.  Should be 123 1/4 wheelbase with 8 leafs on each side in the rear.

    Start by obtaining the factory shop and assembly manuals.

1.  Figure out what it needs to get it running.  (Engine-Trans)
2.  Move on to get it running safely.  (Brakes-lighting-wipers)
3.  Then get it running legally.  (State Inspection list)
4.  Then come up with a plan of attack to fulfill your dreams.

    By getting and keeping it running as you pursue your vision, you may
avoid some "major frustrations" that can occur with a project.  Sometimes it
gets overwhelming, and having the old darling running allows you to see the
light at the end of the tunnel.

Yours, Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO