[oletrucks] What did I see?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] What did I see?
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 14:52:01 -0700
In my quest for a clean, running, and HUGE truck, I've run across a GMC 860.
Maybe someone here can tell me what this is. I don't know the year. Last
registered in '71 by the railroad commission. The serial number is
D86255252J. If anybody has drivetrain details, let me know. It had a 6 cyl
diesel. Engine casting number is 5115791. I was told it was a Detroit
Diesel. Had a two speed rear axle and air brakes. What transmission would it
have? It had a max GVWR of 33000 lbs and a max combination weight of 65000
lbs!!! The only disappointment was a door that didn't fit right. It's been
garaged for over 20 years and had only 72,000 miles.