Re: [oletrucks] parking brake

To: TomGreer@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] parking brake
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:02:36 EDT
When foot operated parking brake won't stay down the usual problem is a
broken spring at the bottom of the pedal shaft.  It's about one inch diameter
by an inch tall and app. 1/16 diameter wire.   Around here the real reason
pedal won't go back up is the floor is all rotted out.  That spring puts
friction on the shaft to keep pedal down.  for extra safety leave trans in
low or reverse when parked.
Bob ADler
<<
 My parking brake doesn't seen to "lock" in the "on" position.  I've bent the
 flat bar with the hole in it so it grabs onto the parking brake shaft (the
 1/2" rod that extends from the foot brake through the floorboards) some of
 the time, but it wont hold all the time.  For insurance I have to wedge a
 piece of wood into the floorboard to hold the brake "on".

 Should I grind the back of the flat bar so it has more of an "edge" to grab
 onto, or is there some secret remedy???

 Please help - I have bad dreams that my truck will roll away on its own and
 end up in some cartoon...