[oletrucks] New finish...ARMADA

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] New finish...ARMADA
From: thistle@midcoast.com (Kathy Bray)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:14:53 -0400
Hi all,

First, I want to thank all of you who responded to my question about
wet-sanding/waxing an old paint job to get another couple of years out of
it. I ended up wet-sanding my truck with 1500 grit paper, then using 3M
Swirl Mark Remover (great stuff!!) and then waxing it with 3M Show Car wax.
What an improvement! Some areas are shinier than others but overall the old
girl looks pretty sharp!!!

I just finished putting in a new bed and thought some of you might be
interested in the finish I used on the yellow pine bed boards. It is called
"Armada" and is made with a linseed oil base (Alphatic Hydrocarbons, Alkyd
Resin, Phenolic Varnish, and a Matting Agent are the other ingredients). It
brushes on like an oil, is very slow drying, and really soaks into the
wood. And it is really tough...a lot of the schooners and fishing boats are
using it instead of the linseed oil, turpentine and pine tar mixture that
has been the traditional oil finish for boats for many many years. And they
have all been extremely happy with the durability of Armada. I figure if it
holds up on a boat it should do well in the bed of a truck. I'll keep you
posted on how it wears.

Kathy Bray
and "Old Bess" '52 3100