[oletrucks] Gas Cap Vent?

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Cap Vent?
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:53:13 EDT
Hello,
I asked the same question a few years back when I had my 1st old POJ F8rd
('54 delux Pickup, too ugly and fat, slow, did I mention that it was ugly?)
any way a mechanic friend of mine told me if I couldn't find the right vented
cap for the POJ, to buy a normal one and remove the rubber gasket, the brass
spring plate will still work, but will not completely seal out the air, if
you don't like that, cut  2 small grooves in the rubber creating a channel on
the seal so as to not get a vaccume...
just my $.02 worth....
By the way POJ means Piece of Junk.
Casey