Re: [oletrucks] '54 radio specs

To: Neal Grady <irishjn@one.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '54 radio specs
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:32:23 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Neal Grady wrote:
> Tim, maybe you should look at this web site
> http://www.custom-autosound.com/
I checked out the site; it doesn't look like they have much for the tiny
dash slot that the '54 has, plus the prices are a bit much for what they
have to offer.  The verdict:  a Clarion ProAudio ARX6570z is what I'm
getting.  It's a tape player with a detachable face and 20 watts RMS/40
watts peak, and I'm going to mount it in the glove box, detach the face,
and mount the face on a flip-down mount under the dash, running wires from
the face to the system.  I think.  Plans may change, but this sounds like
a good idea.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson
"Do not be too moral.  You may cheat yourself out of much of life.  So aim
above morality.  Be not simply good; be good for something." -Thoreau
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin