Re: [oletrucks] curious oletruck story

To: "Tim Lloyd" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] curious oletruck story
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:45:03 -0700
Even the "bad guys" have to drive something.  It is too bad that they
stopped you that night.  While I was stationed in Las Vegas, NV, I got
pulled over one night in North Las Vegas (on my way home).  The Officer
treated it as a felony stop (hands out the window, keys on the ground,
instructions over the bull horn, etc.).  Evidently my car and I fit the
description of the guy that stabbed a bouncer at a local bar.  Not a
pleasant experience that I care to repeat.  Even after the Officer decided
that I wasn't "the guy" he had me stand with my hands on the hood of his
car while he wrote me a ticket for license plates that were "expired"
according to him (they weren't expired for the state the car was registered
in, and the Judge threw it out of court).  Not a good night.  The police to
a very difficult job, and unfortunately they make mistakes occasionally.  I
hold no "hard feelings" toward the Officer, because he is doing a job that
I would not care to do;  if you do your job properly you never get any
thanks (or cussed out, or worse), and if you do it improperly you get
chewed for "not doing your job".  They can't win for loosing. My hat is off
to the men and women of law enforcement.   Just my .02$ worth :^)

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco