[oletrucks] Clutch chatter

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch chatter
From: PJMONES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:36:04 EDT
I just installed a rebuilt clutch pressure plate, rebuilt disk, new pilot
bushing and throwout bearing. I had the flywheel resurfaced.  The problem is
I am getting clutch chatter in first gear when I take off on a hill or
release the clutch quickly on a flat road.  I had this same problem before I
replaced the clutch. The 216 engine has a slight rear main seal leak, however
I did not see any indication of oil getting onto the clutch surface.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Pete
"Ole Betsy"