Re: [oletrucks] transmission

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] transmission
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:17:29 -0600

That shifter sure looks easier to use than mine!

I have a '53 with a 327 and Saginaw 4sp.  The (stock?) Hurst shifter mounts
right on to the tailpiece as others have described.  Inside the cab, however,
the shifter is very low and when in reverse, 2nd and 4th gear, the shift knob is
about 1/4" from my Chry#$%# N&wp%rt 60/40 bench seat.  So the Hurst/Saginaw is
possible if you don't have the time or money to get one as pictured...it just
isn't convenient.

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

"Claude Ramey" <rameyfam@n-link.com> on 06/03/99 05:43:47 PM