[oletrucks] 3 Spd column shifter

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 3 Spd column shifter
From: TomGreer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 00:28:24 EDT
Hi Gang!

About once a week, my '49 column-shifter doesn't want to go into 2nd gear.
If I pull my foot off the clutch, I hear a deep (verrry-scarysounding) clunk
(sometimes the same thing happens when I think I am in neutral).  After the
clunk, about 50% of the time I can shift into second and all is well.  The
other 50% of the time, I can't get it out of first AT ALL...  I have to turn
off the engine pop the hood and pull up on the rear shift lever (another
clunk is heard - but this time its not-so-scary sounding) I start up and all
is well, until the next week...

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks in ADvance,

Tom