Re: [oletrucks] Bearings and Wiring

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bearings and Wiring
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:51:38 -0500
sockets from Chevy Duty for the front lights & just use amber bulbs &
therefore still have running lights (albeit amber) & get blinkers in the
same light socket.

I haven't seen the rear lights available (or replacement sockets, available)
to allow dual filament bulbs.  There are two ways to go hear:

1. Use a blinker unit that the brake circuit is wired through & run the
blinker wires to the brake lights (this gives the effect like a lot of 60's
cars, that when brake is applied & a blinker is turned on, only the none
blinking light indicates braking i.e. on full time, & the other blinks).

2. Use a blinker unit that the brake circuit is NOT wired through & near the
back of the chassis use one of the travel trailer 3 wire to 2 wire adapters.
This ends up with the same effect, just accomplishes it in a different way.
Helpful if you already have your blinker unit & don't want/need to switch to
the opposite type.

I have some wiring diagrams (for both types) that I would be happy to FAX or
snail mail you if needed; ping me off the list with contacts if desired.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX