Re: [oletrucks] On the road...finally

To: "Bill Green" <wgreen@bright.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] On the road...finally
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:04:18 -0700
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong,  but I think the 216ci were all solid
lifter motors.  Every solid-lifter motor I have ever owned (4 or 5) has
always run with a little valve train clatter, anything from a slight
"tic-tic-tic" at an idle to almost a "buzzzzz" at the higher RPM.  If it is
too loud, you may want to check the valve lash to see if everything is
where it is supposed to be.  With most engines, this is done with the
engine warm, but you should check your manual to be sure and for the
specifications.  My Fiat's always sounded like a mad hornet at the upper
RPM's, my Chevy 283ci always just kind of purred. On the other hand, my
390ci FE F@#d always sounded like it was about to let loose any time it got
above about 4000RPM.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco