[oletrucks] Airbags vs coil-overs vs ???

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Airbags vs coil-overs vs ???
From: "Steve Bobst" <mailman@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:43:52 -0600
I want to ask the list their opinions on  rear suspensions.  I have a 56 1/2
ton with a f*rd 9".  I put '60 T-B*rd leaf springs under it, mounted
directly below the frame rails.  It has a smooth ride, but seems to sag a
bit with even a small load on board.  My idea is to either add air bags or
coil overs to stiffen the ride and help with stability.  Plans are to make
the truck a driver/show truck.  I may decide to occasionally tow a trailer
if the ride improves enough, however it is not a priority.

My question is, what are the pros and cons to airbags or coil overs.  I
would like to use one or the other in conjuction with my current set up.
Also, what ratings should I be looking for.  If you have any experience with
such a set up, or know of another alternative, I welcome your input.

Thanks,
Steve Bobst
Misc Task Force
1940 Chev School Bus