Re: [oletrucks] "Cape Maroon" paint

To: "Brad Newman" <bkn@cyberramp.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] "Cape Maroon" paint
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:52:12 -0500
Brad, last Fall I saw a fully restored '52 at the Charlotte AutoFair.   I
believe it was the "Cape Maroon" you're asking about; however, I'm not
totally sure.  It was a very deep maroon....not brown.  It looked just like
the color of the truck on the cover of Tom Brownell's book.  Although the
book does make it look more brownish than it really is.  Very nice color,
especially with the ivory pinstrip around the cab.

BTW...my understanding is that the deluxe cabs were the only trucks that
came with the 1/4" pinstripe around the cab.  Is that right?
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100