Re: [oletrucks] ChevyDuty's Steering Stabilizer Kit

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ChevyDuty's Steering Stabilizer Kit
From: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob J.)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:39:59 GMT
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:10:29 -0500, you wrote:

>Makes sense to me, Rob.  Bottom line....it improves the handling...or just

Mostly just the handling.  The ride is as before, but I kinda like knowing I'm
in an old truck.  I got my kit from Chevy Duty, and believe it was around $130,
but not positive, but should be in their catalog.  Installation was pretty
straight-forward as I recall.  You have to remove the lower plate from the
u-bolts holding the axle to the springs, and replace (or add) this with a plate
that holds the stabilizer link which connects to the end of the sway bar.  The
attachment points at the middle of the sway bar utilize existing holes as I
recall, so very easy and doable for the non-mechanics.

Rob