Re: [oletrucks] '49 3100 suspension ?

To: TomGreer@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 3100 suspension ?
From: David W Patmore <patmore@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:22:08 -0800
Tom Greer,

I've used Apple Hydraulics 1-800-882-7753 to rebuild the knee shocks on an
austin healey.  I am pleased with the result.  They have a deluxe rebuild
where they use heavy duty valves, so you can spend more money, and feel
better about yourself (I know I did).

I have a 1950 1-ton, and I wish that I had knee shocks, but I have the
modern kind.  I have an unfounded suspicion that the reason industry
switched types is because of costs, not performance.

David Patmore
patmore@acm.org