Re: [oletrucks] Front bumper grass guard?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front bumper grass guard?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 06:35:17 EST

<<
 >I'm restoring a 1950 3100 5 window and saw a pic of one with a large chrome
 >grass guard bolted to the front bumper.

There were two types.  One was a pair of bumper guards with 2 cross bars.
1949 Data Book gives dimensions as 20" high by 36 long.

Other was what I call Jail bars.  this is larger and has a bow tie in the
middle.  It extends around headlights.  curiously, this is not listed in the
49 Data Book.

SPECIFICATIONS book lists both types under Accessories.

Both types are pretty rare, but I made one for my 54 Wrecker, but put an A in
the middle instead of a bowtie.

Bob ADler