Re: [oletrucks] blue dots

To: "Brad Newman" <bkn@cyberramp.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] blue dots
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:13:12 -0500
Brad, since I raised the issue of "blue dots", I guess I should explain.
Blue dot lenses are just small blue dots about the size of a dime that are
installed in the middle of the regular red lens on a taillight.  The blue
dot is made of the same material used to make the red taillight lens.  It
causes the taillight to give off a redish purple glow, especially when the
brake lights are used.  What good is this??  None at all....except many
people thought it looked pretty cool.  Lots of people used the blue dots in
the '50s and '60s (it was a fad), and you still see them around
today...althought on the older cars and trucks.  Let me know if you need
more info.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100 (with soon-to-be blue dot taillights)