Re: [oletrucks] One-wire alternator

To: "Jared Walch" <chevyolds@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] One-wire alternator
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:36:37 -0500
I made the same mistake - you must spin the alternator faster than the
generator in order to get it up to correct output at idle. Thus, a smaller
pulley is required. I needed a 5/8" groove pulley and found one at 5th Ave
Auto Parts in Clay Center, KS (913) 632-3450. It was a bit pricey, maybe you
could do better at your local wrecking yard. Once the smaller pulley was
installed, I get full charge at idle.

Jack / Winter Park FL