[oletrucks] (Fwd) series 3156 question???

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] (Fwd) series 3156 question???
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:00:39 +0000
Forwarded message:
From:     Self <Single-user mode>
To: oletrucks@autox.team
Subject: series 3156 question???
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:58:56

Hi group:  I am hoping that someone can clear this up for me.

The question is did GM give a different series/model number if the
vehicle was a napco.

My question stems from the fact that my 58 chev 2wd suburban with the
liftgate has 3116 on the vin tag. The same model with barn doors has
3106 as it's series number. However, my 58 suburban with barn doors
and the napco kit has 3156 as its series/model number, although I
myself haven't seen the actual vin/series tag  as I haven't picked
the beast up yet. But the owner relayed the model number to me.
I do need to confirm this, though.

I can't find any supporting documentation that chev gave napco
installed trucks a different model/series number except for this 58
sub.

But if they did give different model numbers to napcos, then I wonder
what they would call a napco with liftgate as the last number for any
suburban model number is a "6" (3106, 3116, 3156).