[oletrucks] vin plate attachment...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] vin plate attachment...
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:15:43 EST
 On the '55-57 chevy cars, there were 2 small spot-welds, and I think the same
on my '55-2 Panel truck, if memory serves me, that holds the VIN plate to the
windshield pillar. Not sure on the earlier trucks. After many years, they can
pop off, since it's stainless steel being welded to ferrous steel, so it
doesn't always hold up forever. I know when heated up the windshield pillar on
one car I cut up in pieces, the VIN tag popped off easily from the heat.

Jerry Casper