Re: [oletrucks] forester green

To: bkn@cyberramp.net, teftom@interpoint.net, hughes59@jps.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] forester green
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 14:24:11 -0800
In prior e-mails, Bob Adler listed the PPG code for Forester Green (please see
the archives). I can't remember, but he may have listed other colors too.
Given the code, any serious auto paint store will be able to show you a
matching color chip via a color map.  Beware that IMHO paint chips look
somewhat different than what actually lays down on your truck (scale effect).
To that end, I used the PPG code to look up a formula for Sikkens (Akzo Nobel
Coatings) and am extremely pleased with the Forester Green color (it's very
purdy).  Original parts in good condition confirm the color match.  I would
think that a similar process could be used to be of a sure match for the other
truck colors.  CO-LOIDAL-AC and QUIX (PPG equivalent of the 40s and 50s) codes
may get you well on your way to a modern match.

I have some original paint chips for Chev and GMC truck colors of 40s and 50s
from American Laquer Solvents Co, probably produced sometime in the late 50s.
I can provide you with code numbers to anyone via e-mail request.  (It's along
story, but two years ago, we tried reproducing the chip book with horrible
results.  I think it was related to our limited technology capabilities).

-Allen

>>> <hughes59@jps.net> 02/07/99 01:31PM >>>
Brad-

I'd be interested in a repro paint chip set.  Please keep us informed.
Thanks

Keith