[NOBBC] Lotus Turbo Esprit advice

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [NOBBC] Lotus Turbo Esprit advice
From: "Andrew S. Doran" <andrewdoran@berkeley.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 11:29:08 -0800
Dear members,

Would love some opinions and help on this. Would like to get into a Lotus
Esprit and took this one for a test drive on Sat. morning:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2683494518.html

Drove well but paint is very good for 1985 and looks like it has been
resprayed albeit partially. I have questions like is this an original
Lotus colour? Interior looks original but what am I looking for when I am
scoping out a stock lotus esprit? Not a Lotus expert but would anyone be
interested to come down and look over the car with me or know any one that
could? Happy to pay you for your time, buy you lunch etc. . I would be
part exchanging my b79 spitfire in the process. Car drove well. I can send
you pictures or post to the facebook page. Love some advice with this as
there is another one being checked out by close friend at a Ferrari
dealership in Denver:

http://www.ferrariofdenver.com/index.cfm/ID/13/Lotus

This looks more like the original paint, which I am interested in and it
means a lot to me. Anyhow. I am open to suggestions and would love club
advice about how to welcome a new car into NOBBC and attend drives. Thanks
in advance for the advice!

Andy,
NOBBC@autox.team.net