Re: [Nobbc] Infineon Saturday Report

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Infineon Saturday Report
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 07:13:15 -0700
Hi Folks,
I made it to the club corral around 1100, and it was raining sideways.
The expected hardcore group was standing around Mike's TR4 like a pack
of wet dogs, but smiling and laughing, so we stood there chatting for a
bit, then I took off to park closer to the track because I had to meet
up with a friend of mine who traveled from Santa Barbara to attend the
races and support a Lotus 26R he imported for one of the racers (#85,
Group 3B).
It rained until mid-day, then sort of cleared up. As others have
reported, not much action on the track, so all groups (Saturday and
Sunday) will race today - at least those brave enough to do so, if it rains.
I didn't get a chance to hit the wine and food tent - spent all my time
with my buddy and the race car preparers working on the Elan and an Alfa
GTAM entrants. Heading back to the track today for more of the same, and
if the club corral has been moved to turn 7, I'll swing by to say hello,
but will have to be closer to the action. Hopefully the sun will shine
more today, and we'll get to see the cars out from under their covers
and tents and on the track.
Cheers,
Greg Tatarian