Re: [Nobbc] IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 06:02:55 -0700
On 5/30/2011 8:56 PM, Clif & Deborah Williamson wrote:

> Now for those squealing brakes you guys keep hearing.  Any
> recommendations? Has anybody tried Greenstuff pads?
> Clif and Deborah
> 74 Jensen Healey

Hi Clif,

Greenstuff pads work very well. They don't squeal, although that is
often caused by the lack of grease or a proper anti-squeal shim between
the pad and caliper piston, which could possibly be the case with your
brakes. Of course, some compounds are just too hard and squeal until
they heat up. That's not good for street driving, as their coefficient
of braking is reduced until they get hot. Such is not the case with
Greenstuff pads, though it is as you go up in hardness with Yellowstuff
and Redstuff pads.

I've used Greenstuff, and have them in both the TR6 and the Elan S3
Coupe, but went with a ceramic pad of slightly larger dimensions for the
S4 DHC Elan, which gets driven pretty hard. They have a little better
fade resistance, and very little dust.

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian