Re: [Nobbc] Compression

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Compression
From: Sarto Rocheleau <sarto477@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:32:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Greg,  Mike Ostrov did the first compression test Oct. 1, 2005   Hot
throttle open.  We did not do a bleed down test then.  It had 25,400 miles on
it at that time.  Its now 34,700 miles.#1   195
#2   200#3   200#4   200A couple of months ago is when we did the bleed down
test and the compression it was just about the same.  The rebuild was suppose
to be stock, Mike thinks they may have shaved the head to get that high of
compression.
I though I would revert back to an original color and powder coat it, now that
it needs a touch up--- any excuse to spend more money--- The cam cover was a
teal blue but everyone says it should be a dark blue which is really a light
blue.   There are post on lotuselan.net on cam cover colors with photos of my
original and other cars.  Early on I did not really pay much attention to what
was original on engine colors.  I had Mark at BEM paint it silver just because
I liked the look.  Blue seems to me an odd color match for my BRG.  So silver
I still like and going artsy fartsy with yellow like the stripe and have Bob
Groat paint a BRG back ground around the raised letters leaving the letters
yellow.  There is a rectangle area around the letters that may have been part
of the mold for the lettering.  I have never seen one done that way and it
could look really hokey, so I have not jumped off the cliff yet.  Maybe all
yellow with polished silver
 letters.  I'm not a hard nose orientalist.  Go ahead, what do you really
think.I made it to the Tiburon show and the Juilliard park show in Santa Rosa,
perfect weather and lots of great cars.Sarto