Re: [Nobbc] Tiger Town

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Tiger Town
From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <hawkview@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 23:13:23 -0700
So the Fathers Day show in Santa Rosa was more than expected.  Besides the
tradition hot rod selection of Chevys, Fords and Pontiacs,  there was a
huge selection of Sunbeam Tigers in various conditions, but most in great
condition.  One of the cars was the Number 55 Tiger raced in the 1965 season
finishing 2nd in B production.  These little bad boys were running against
289 Cobras, and I was told by one individual that Carol Shelby said he did
not understand why somebody would pay $8,000.00 for a Cobra when they could
get a faster Tiger for half the price.  He also indicated that the Tiger was
modified from the Alpine in the Jensen plant.  The modification included
moving the firewall and wheel wells to fit the 260 or  289.
Deborah and I love this show, not just because of the great cars, but the
venue, on the grass and under towering oaks is perfect for a show like this.
Does anybody know how to show a car at this event or any other?
Would like to hear some other reviews for the other shows this weekend.
Clif and Deborah
74 Jensen Healey
PS:  I also saw several of my favorite American cars, the 1958 Chevy Impala
with 348 tri power.