Re: [Nobbc] FW: NEXT RIDE ON SUNDAY THE 28TH

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] FW: NEXT RIDE ON SUNDAY THE 28TH
From: tony korman <tonykorman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:01:21 -0700 (PDT)
So is the meeting time 7 or 10?
Tony
76 TR6

________________________________
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams@gmail.com>
To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:03:36 AM

Hi Ron, John,

I'm definitely not interested in driving dirt roads, or really potted roads in
either the Elan or the TR6 - just not enough clearance and suspensions are too
stiff to make it fun. I've got two 4wd vehicles when I want to go off-road. ;-)

Regarding parading vs. driving, our club seems to have two camps - one for each
activity. We've lost members to the Wine Country Car Club who prefer less
spirited drives, with more socializing and public display of their nice cars,
and we've gained new members who like to drive. However, there does seem to be
an interest in mixing the activities, and I think we can accommodate driving,
socializing and public appreciation.

John and I discussed his route preparation, and the hopes we'll have a good
turnout. Because the route is a little long, and on quite twisty roads, we were
talking about splitting the group into two; those in the lead who want to go a
little faster, led by John, and a more sedate group with a different leader.
Everyone has the route, and I'll bring a couple of FRS radios which may be of
some help if we aren't separated by too much distance. We can also exchange
cell phone numbers if needed; those of us with a navigator can safely drive if
the navigator handles the comms.

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian